Rawabi Holding Company
- The main purpose of the welder`s job is to conduct all welding and braze work and maintenance for RVOS vessel material and equipment.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- *Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements.
- *Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and plus, as specified by engineer.
- *Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld and size of molten puddle.
- *Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions.
- *Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
- *Performs all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding.
- *Be able to move parts in and move finished product out of welding area.
- *Works closely with superiors to understand required service details.
- *Tests repaired equipment and machinery when required.
- *Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager.
- HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- *Complies with established health and safety guidelines and procedures and ensures the health, safety and welfare of self and others.
- *Identifies and reports to management any health, safety or environmental risks and makes suggestions to address these risks.
- COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- *Reports to and supports the workshop technicians in all electronic repair and maintenance services.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school.
- *Minimum of 3 year’s experience in welding, preferably in the marine industry.
- *Approved 6G welder.
- *Able to do the fitter jobs.
- *Must be able to read and follow manuals, blue prints and diagrams and operate test equipment.
- *Previous experience in the GCC is a plus, especially if the experience was in Saudi Arabia.