The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure, based on Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Build, configure, and maintain the Microsoft Hyper-V environment.
- Develop, manage, and maintain the forest Domain Controller and AD across the group.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the server infrastructure.
- Perform daily system monitoring, using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s, by verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is sent off site as necessary. Create, modify, and delete domain user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
- Apply and manage deployment for OS patches and upgrades for servers and desktops on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing and maintaining server level disaster recovery plans.
- Assist in the migration efforts from various email platforms to MS Office 365 Exchange servers for several business units with multiple SMTP domains.
- Responsible for future planning, testing, tuning, and setup of Microsoft Exchange architecture as well as supporting common email applications and devices (Outlook, BlackBerry, and other PDA based email). Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Contribute to and maintain systems process, procedures and standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Provides 24/7 on-call support for the servers and e-mail environment and Participates in weekend maintenance activities, as required.
- Ensures mailing System licensing is appropriately managed and anticipated.
- Assess the impact of email system changes prior to their implementation, minimizing downtime and working with colleagues where appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging server tools and technologies.
- Installs, maintains, configures and troubleshoots Windows KMS, MAK, Security Certificates, IPSec, SMS, Print and fax servers.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Active Directory Replication and Syncing between GC and RODC. Problem management – (analysis for frequently occurred incident — solve root cause).
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned b his/her direct manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MlS or related area — Or 2 to 3 years IT Diploma with minimum 5 years of experience with design, architecture, support and recovery of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Knowledge of installations, upgrades and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2003/2008 & Web application Servers. Experience with IIS is highly desirable.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Hyper-V Technology.
- Administration level experience with MS Office 365.
- Strong experience in Active Directory.
- Strong experience in managing domain controller.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Ability to install configures, monitor, troubleshoot Terminal Services, and remotely administer servers by using Terminal Services.
- Experience supporting mobile e-mail devices such as Blackberry is desirable.
- MCSE: Server Administrator Certification is REQUIRED.
- MCITP: Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator Certification is desirable.
- Fluent in English —Arabic Language fluency is a plus.