This generalist position includes assisting operating companies with the implementation of their occupational health & safety standards and industry recommended practices. This is attained through and by United Safety’s policy, standards, procedures and management direction. This is conducted in a variety of environments in the petroleum industry especially well drilling, servicing & completion operations.
1. Plans, organizes, controls required activities with on-site client representative(s) Well operations. Including: identifying and implementing client & company site specific requirements; obtains consensus for the planning and implementing of contingencies, drills and required daily work activities; coordinates and accounts for the deployment of company personnel and equipment; handles arrival and departure to location for the specific reality of knowing where everybody is; inspects & tests plans, equipment & systems ongoing to ensure required response quality.
2. Installs and dismantles various safety equipment. Including: loading and transporting equipment to the worksite; strategically places required equipment for rapid response (positioned appropriately) including: cascade systems, air lines, manifolds, breathing apparatuses, gas detection systems, barriers, signs and briefing areas.
3. Ensures operational readiness of various equipment and testing systems to confirm response quality. Including: breathing apparatuses, cascade systems, electronic and tube type gas detectors & systems, various small hand tools.
4. Inspects routinely by testing equipment as per company standards Including: following maintenance standards, evaluating equipment condition, keeping accurate documentation, function testing equipment, performing disassembly, reassembly, cleaning, disinfecting in accordance with company procedure.
5. Problem solves. Including: identifying, assessing and correcting problems; keeping accurate documentation; preventing problem reoccurrence; trouble shooting equipment; solving problems within personal limitations.
6. Communicates effectively. Including: completing required reports and forms (accurately and timely); follows procedures and directions; exercising listening and speaking skills, proper and effective communication with client and company personals.
7. Exercises interpersonal skills. Including: leading others and representing the company; supervising and training company and client personnel; interacting with client representatives, crews, co-workers; tolerating and negotiating diplomatically with others; dealing with and analysing situations.
Works safely. Understanding and applying: company and client policies and procedures; industry practices & fundamental safety regulation; emergency response plans; specific job operations and equipment, providing and promoting safety on-site. Conducting: drills, rescues, inspections & tests, site hazard assessments and meetings on-site; wearing required personal protective equipment.
1. Respond to a H2S release and execute emergency rescue
2. Actively Participates in Pre-Job / Tailgate Meetings
3. Exercises inter personal skills
4. Well site duties & responsibilities as per SOP
5. Complete daily reports and other paperwork
6. Performs on-site hazard/risk assessments and JSA.
7. Meets/exceeds costumer expectations
Visitor / Crew & Service Personnel Response Strategy (Well site Briefing)
Diploma / Degree , highs school
• H2S emergency response systems, theory, planning and activation
• Personnel Protection Strategy & Equipment Deployments
• Company new hire training program
• Safe Operating Procedures Training, Theory, Application/Exam
• Company Policy & On Site Mission
• Preparing and Conducting Safety Meetings Training Module
• Equipment Maintenance Systems
• Understanding the Rig and its components
• Operational QA/QC & Incident/Accident Reporting & Procedures
• Primary Shop Systems and Process
• Primary Breathing Air System Theory and Application
• Cascade and Compression Systems Training Module