Our teachers are the most important part of Gymboree. We have fabulous equipment, brilliant lesson plans, a great venue and wonderful facilities but with poorly performing teachers we have nothing. If our teachers are fantastic then we have an unbeatable service and parents will fall in love with Gymboree and never want to leave us. Our aim is to create loyal customers who will refer their friends and family to us and our staff are the key to this.
Essential profile criteria
- Assistance teaching experience
- Comfortable in a sales situation
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail and passion for excellence
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic
- Team working
Desirable profile criteria
- Teaching assistance experience with children under 5 years
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of Health & Safety
- Care and concern for our customers and your colleagues
- Honesty and reliability
- Hardworking and willingness to muck in
- Ability to generate a team spirit
Key work areas
1. Assist facilitator in presenting fantastic and inspiring classes and work towards teaching own classes
2. Provide administrative support to the business as required
3. Maintain the cleanliness of the site
4. Attend all training sessions, on and off site
5. Assist in promotional and marketing efforts
Key Measurable Outputs
1. Positive feedback from customers, Head Facilitator and Senior Facilitator.
2. Smart, professional appearance, adherence to rules of the uniform and conduct policy
3. Referral to Receptionist, Head Facilitator or Senior Facilitator when a parent wishes to enrol or speak about a birthday party
4. Visible member relationships e.g. chatting with carers about their day / weekend / holidays / family / hobbies / children / their or child’s clothes etc
5. Demonstrate “under promise over deliver”. We are fanatical about supporting our members “under promise over deliver” e.g. If you say you will call them back by tomorrow morning call them back by the end of the day. If you say you will do something then do it, if you cannot achieve the timescales call / email them apologise for the delay and advise the customer when you will now get back to them.
5. Proactive in every way. There is always something to do at Gymboree- never stand around doing nothing- tidy the retail wall, organise props, disinfect something, return a call.