We are looking for a Consultant / Specialist General Surgeon to join our Surgeon Team.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
• Provide patient focused general surgical services and ensure optimal clinical care of patients in the department in line with the clinical privileges granted.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team with a personalized and caring attitude.
• Provide leadership, supervision and support to junior clinical staff.
• Help develop and participate in, a postgraduate training program for all clinical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Renders outpatient and inpatient care to surgical patients in the hospital on both an elective and emergency basis, in accordance with evidence based professional standards for the specialty.
• A specialist under supervision will provide services within the scope of service of that speciality under the direction of the relevant head of clinical service. The clinical head together with the Chief Medical Officer will grant the practitioner clinical privileges in accordance with his assessed skills and expertise.
• Assists other speciality units like ER in consultation when required to do so.
• Is required to provide surgical out-of-hours coverage on a rotational basis during evenings, nights, holidays, weekends and contractual leave periods without additional compensation for such coverage.
• Consults with all other medical staff as required.
• Ensures optimal documentation and clinical handover for patients seen through the department.
• Serves on hospital committees as requested.
• Attends departmental & medical staff meetings as scheduled.
• Such other duties as are reasonably requested by the Head of Department or Chief Medical Officer.
MB BS or equivalent
Master Degree in General Surgery
• Minimum 5 years post specialization in General Surgery
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
• Critical decision making skills
• Strong customer service ethic
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• IT literate
License / Registration:
Valid DHA / MOH / HAAD license/ DHA Eligibility Letter