The chief accountant is responsible for all financial activities, preparing profit and loss statements report for each business unit and applying accounting principles and procedures
· Supervising the routine accounting task in the department on day to day basis.
· Supervising ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing.
· Ensuring all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports are submitted on time.
· Ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll.
· Performs the monthly, financial reconciliation for selected general ledger account, suppliers and inter-Group.
· Coordinate with MRCU for monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliation of investment portfolio.
· Coordinate with treasury department for recording of monthly interest on intergroup loans and current account balances and issuing the debit/credit note accordingly.
· Responsible for the management of fixed assets which included proper accounting, reconciliation, tagging and physical verifications.
· Ensuring timely reconciliation of bank on monthly basis.
· Provide support and training of subordinate staff as required.
Coordinate with external auditors to ensure that an annual audit is completed on time.
Communications and Working Relationships
· In terms of Management Reporting;
· Works with the Management Reporting & Centralizing Accounting Unit Head (if in the Head Office) or with the Delocalized Financial Officer if in a BU) in all matters related to Management Reporting.
· In terms of Financial Accounting:
· Interfaces with the Accountant(s) of the Head Office and the Delocalized Financial Officers of the BUs on all aspects of general/financial accounting
· Works with the Verification Unit Head in all matters related to Financial Accounting
· Interfaces with auditors for all matters related to financial audit
· Interfaces with Zakat/Tax manager for all matters related to tax
· In respect of operations:
· Communicating with project management.
· Communicating with vendors/customers.
· Works with the senior accounting management reporting.
· In respect of Head Office:
Communication with head office to deliver project documents and also to get technical direction.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· MS in accounting or finance with knowledge of:
· Accepted accounting practices and principles
· Economic principles
· Auditing practices and principles
· Applicable laws, codes and regulations
· Strong skills/ability in:
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Problem analysis/problem-solving
· Judgment and pro-activity
· Supervision/Planning, Organizing/ scheduling and monitoring
· Diploma or college degree on accounting
· Accounting experience between 3 to 7 years. Preferable in a constructions related environment.
· Computer literacy with experience in MSWord, Excel. Prefer prior knowledge in ERP computing.
· The ability to function efficiency on a jobsite essential.
Sound communication skills (in English and Arabic)