We are looking for a Consultant / Specialist Obstetrics and Gynecologist to join our Obs. & Gyn. Team.
Overview of Role:
• Provide patient focused Obstetrics & Gynaecology services and ensure optimal clinical care of patients in the department in line with the clinical privileges granted.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team with a personalized and caring attitude.
• Provide leadership, supervision and support to junior clinical staff.
• Help develop and participate in, a postgraduate training program for all clinical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development, implementation and revision of the department’s scope of services
• Operational responsibility for the identification of resources required for his/her department, and the effective utilization of the said resources within budgetary guidelines.
• To understand and comply with the principles of clinical governance, specifically:
• Leading quality improvement initiatives within the department
• Assessing risk, incident reports and participating in risk management
• Leading departmental clinical audit and participation in hospital wide audit processes
• Dealing appropriately with complaints where necessary
• Exceeding customer needs through the development and promotion of the key principles supporting customer satisfaction
• Ensuring efficient and effective communication with all members of the department
• Promotion of interdepartmental collaboration
• Participating in staff counseling as necessary
• Participating in junior staff appraisals
• Participating in staff planning and recruitment
• Attending meetings of the Medical Executive Committee
• MB BS or equivalent
• MRCOG or equivalent
• Minimum of 10 year post specialization experience.
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Critical decision making skills
• Strong customer service commitment
• IT literate